The first month of 2019 is almost over, and the wedding season is fully on. 2018 saw bigger weddings with many trend setters throughout the year and we definitely look forward to more such weddings in 2019. The big fat Indian weddings have already become larger than life with certain mandates like, exotic destinations, personalized details, unusual designers, and over-the-top ideas.
As It gets better and larger now, we decided to plunge deep into the 2019 wedding fashion scenario to help us be wedding ready. So here are our biggest trends for 2019 as recommended by Kritika. We all know her already as one of our previous winningstree’s. Head strong and ever helpful, Kritika is an engineer who took on to fashion designing and does not regret it. Her designs are just awesome and speaks volumes about her good work.
Know More About Kritika HereFrom Engineering To Fashion Designing, This Lady now Rules the Fashion Arena with her Mind Blowing Designs!!
1. What are the latest trends for wedding in 2019?
Feminine silhouettes with lots of flare and ruffles are big this season. Brides are opting for Royal lehengas with lots of kalis and intricate tassels. As far as the unconventional brides go, they are experimenting with more structured and fusion lehengas. Benarasi will rule the season with more stress on the dying art of khaddi Georgette weaved Banarasi lehenga.
2. What colors are in for that perfect bridal look?
Pastels where a big hit last season, but this season is all about reds, bright pinks, forest greens and oranges. The brides are opting for comfort dressing with more of georgettes and velvets as silk lehengas are a bit tardy to carry and maintain post wedding. Summer weddings though will be all about onion pinks, mauves, greys and mints and of-course ivory.
3. What kind of intricate works will be seen on the Lehengas?
Rich Zardozis, Pittan and Aari work will be all time favorites for brides. Sequin work will also be in. Gota work is evergreen and being experimented with kundan work and zardozi work for a rich look and feel.
4. What kind of looks/colors are in for Sangeet and the other functions?
Bright happy colors, mostly in neon shades will be in for Haldi and Mehendi functions. Sangeet will be more about metallics like golds and silvers in classy silhouettes.
5. What are the most preferred accessories with the Lehengas and any upcoming trends while accessorizing a bride?
Potlis are a big hit this season, with a lot of detailing and customization to match the lehenga. More and more brides are opting for embellished juttis for their big day as comfort plays a big role. Gone are the days of sky high heels which made it difficult to dance, walk and twirl in the heavy lehengas.
6. Fashion advice for all brides to be…
Choose a lehenga wisely and suitable to the weather, comfort, body type, usability factor and remember that trends may come and go but heritage lehengas and fabric shall always stay evergreen. Don’t follow a trend merely by copying and be your own on you big day!
Top 5 Picks from Label Kritika for 2019 Wedding Trends
Red – The Wedding Color
1.Her first choice has to be red as red signifies the bridal color. Bright bridal red with zarodzi work choli and benarasi khaddi georgette lehenga is a hot with Label Kritika Brides. The classic color never goes out of fashion and looks royal and regal.
Pink & Orange – A Hot Favorite
2. The second most demanded piece by brides from Label Kritika is a bright Rani pink and orange lehenga in benarasi for the experimental brides who want a combination of heritage and traditional lehengas.
Onion Pink – Pastel Hued Always in Fashion
3. Her third pick is a classic pastel hued onion pink lehenga for the brides seeking for something different than usual and still look subtle. More and more brides are choosing unusual and newer designs and designers this year.
Blue & Red – The Royal Feeling
4. Fourth pick from Label Kritika is a royal blue and red lehenga in benarasi which is quite popular for mehendi and sangeet ceremonies.
It is rich and very traditional. Unique hues are the most talked about this season.
Pink – A Girlie Color
5. Her last pick but not the least from the best of Label Kritika is a bright pink lehenga with sequin work all over along-with a layered structure for the experimental bride. Personalisation is reaching newer heights this wedding season and this one seems a perfect example to experiment outside tradition.
The website of Label Kritika is launching soon .. Follow the url below for more designs and placing of orders 🙂
Which one is your favorite pick? What other colors would you prefer experimenting with? Let us know in the comments section!