Kiara Chettri is a 17-year-old New Delhi-based singer-songwriter who has just released her multi-layered debut album titled 4 AM on November 24th, 2020.
Kiara Chettri’s tryst with music started early in her life or one can say early enough, as she released her first single You’ll See at the tender age of 15, back in 2019.All of 17, she’s got 6 singles to her name already, streaming across leading platforms and as of November 2020, a full length album to boot. And she hasn’t even completed her schooling as yet!
Inspired by the likes of Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Little Mix & Lauv among others such as Taylor Swift and Ariana Grande (whose styles she admires), Kiara sees pop music as a natural fit for her expression. She seeks to inspire her listeners with her sonic musings, which range in the vicinity of pop, alt rock, electric pop and acoustic.
Kiara’s multi-layered debut album titled 4 am, explores the themes of hope, confusion, despair, fear, aspirations, young love, dreams of the future and even betrayal among other subjects, in a collection of 10 songs. While a few tracks of the album were released previously as singles, the remaining were released all together in November 2020, concluding the album project.
The title of the album comes from the young singer’s favorite time to write music — in the wee hours at 4 am; which is not just a title of the album but also a song in the album that looks at bitter-sweet conversations with self.
4 AM – Tracklist:
- 4 am: The title song of the album with a beautiful acoustic vibe witnesses the singer in a dialogue with herself about where she’s headed and if she can make it…
- A Reason: This mellow mid-tempo number was originally released as a single and talks about “a girl and boy, who are in love, where the girl cannot give him all her love because of a ‘reason’.
- Now I See: Tell me, tell me was it just a fantasy… Never talks about a relationship that wasn’t meant to be.
- Never: This one picks up the pace and changes the flow of the music, perhaps in the same way it changes the protagonist’s perspective about her love interest as she comes to terms with the ‘betrayal’. Never was also released as a single initially.
- You’ll See: Kiara’s started her journey towards singing and songwriting with this very number. You’ll See is centered around the possibility of a ‘meant to be’ couple with some not meant to be issues. Kiara was 14 when she wrote this song, so today she feels she’s come a long way from there and matured as a songwriter, when she looks back at You’ll See.
- Kinara Tu: This is Kiara’s first attempt at a Hindi number and a beautiful tribute to her mother.
- Some Hope: Is a multi-lingual song for 2020 that urges people to hang on to hope in these difficult times, with the Covid-19 paralyzing the world.
- Home: This is the English version of Kinara Tu.
- You’ll See (acoustic):
- Hopefully Not Too Far: This intense yet uplifting number is a perfect closing note for the album that deals with singer’s dream and aspirations, and her very real concerns about the future along with a burning desire to make it big as a singer. This is Kiara’s most favorite number in the album and also the one she’s most emotional about.
Kiara often does well populated live sessions on Instagram and has even packed in a live concert at the prestigious EEMAX Global Awards organized by EEMA (Event and Entertainment Management Association) in 2019.
Her previous releases have brought her a place in sought after playlists such as Women of Indie India, Rolling Stone – Hit list specially curated by Ehsaan Noorani, Radar India and Boxout.fm‘s 100% Indian Alternative – Best of 2020 among others.
Past Releases :
Hazy – (2019)
The tracks are available on all major streaming platforms.
YouTube: Kiara Chettri
The album is available on all streaming platforms; Click here to stream 4 AM