Wondering why neem is a popular practice in many parts of the world? Neem is an ancient herb that has been a traditional recipe for hair care and skin care benefits. In Ayurveda, neem has been a miracle for promoting healthy skin, hair and scalp for thousands of years. This evergreen tree shows anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Neem is considered to be an answer for most of the beauty and life’s woes. It is one of the most common ingredients in desi household rituals. Native to the Indian subcontinent, this ancient tree is acknowledged as Nim Tree, margosa and Indian Lilac. All you have to do is boil neem leaves and make thick paste for both skin and hair. Apply it 2-3 times a week.
How to use neem for hair growth ?
Natural neem products are extracted from the seed kernels of neem trees which are active in developing good hair quality. Give yourself a massage by using neem oil or apply neem hair packs twice a week to make your hair grow faster.
We have constituted a guide list that will help you to have healthy and long hair in no time. Below mentioned are the ways in which you can use neem for hair growth. Keep reading to know:
Neem Oil : Neem oil is an amazing hair oil which has rich ayurvedic properties. It triggers hair growth and controls hair fall. You can make neem oil at home or you can buy it from the market. There are many organic neem infused hair oil products available online and in the market.
How to make neem oil :
- Heat coconut oil and add neem leaves paste into it.
- Strain the oil and let it cool.
- Add 5-6 drops of any essential oil to it.
- Store in a bottle or a jar and use it in the hair care routine.
Neem Hair Mask : Neem hair mask strengthens hair roots and adds volume to your hair. Everyone can use this mask irrespective of what their hair type is. Let’s take a closer look at how to make the neem hair mask.
How to make neem mask :
- Take 5 tablespoon of full fat yogurt.
- ½ tablespoon of shikakai and fenugreek powder.
- 1 small bowl of boiled neem leaves paste.
- Mix all the ingredients together and apply on wet hair.
- Wash your hair after 20 minutes with shampoo and conditioner.
Neem hair spray : Neem can come to your hair care rescue. You can use a homemade neem hair spray which is very simple to make and use.
How to make :
Take some neem leaves and wash them thoroughly.
- Add 1 cup of water and neem leaves in the container.
- Leave it to get cool
- Mash boiled leaves in water and pour the mixture into a spray bottle.
- Spray it on your scalp before washing your hair.
Always do a patch test beforehand to determine the side effects. For attaining the best results, apply it at least twice a week. Hope you found this article useful. If you have any query related to neem, neem products or any DIYs. You can comment down below. We will together achieve your hair goals.
Have a lovely day!
Article by Earthy Selections: – An online store for all organic and natural beauty products in India.